Thursday, February 26, 2009

What did i learn from the Diagnostic test - Verbal

I know i'm due with this post, but couldn't find time to scribble!!!

Although i was a bit behind my schedule with the the diagnostic test, i managed the verbal test early this week. The preparation was based on the MGMAT SC guide and the CR review from OG. Practice was purely from OG11. Honestly, i invested no time to prepare for RC. I went through my favorite GMAT forum (beatthegmat.com) and read some posts on RC.

The outcome - We'll i dont know if i had expected this, but i was really good with RC with a strike rate of over 70% considering my prep or rather lack of it. I was rated Above Average with only 4 questions wrong. SC was not bad but was not good either; I was rated as Above Average but just barely. I need to put in more hours practicing.. CR was a total disaster!!! I managed to score only 7 correct out of 17 questions - an unacceptable score, considering that i had got better strike rates while practicing. I was rated Average..

What did i learn - Well for most part i think, RC was kind to me with 2 long and 2 short passages. It took me 31 mins to solve 4x4=16 questions. Just under 2 mins. Not bad but had the passages been any longer, i would have crossed the sacred 2 min margin!!!
SC needs more work to be done, but then my MGMAT SC book is a work in progress i think as i go through the book i'll be at a better stand. CR needs some seriously practice.. Since one cannot really make flash cards for this section, i guess only practice will make me perfect or atleast close to perfect. I think I'll mod my study plan to make room for some extra work on the CR section.

So what next - Currently i'm working on 2 books. The Kaplan Math Workbook and the MGMAT SC guide. Almost on alternate days.. This coming sunday would be a big day for me as i'm planning to take my first CAT test - the GMATPrep 1. I'm definitely looking forward for it, and hopefully i'll learn a thing or two about my prep after Sunday!!

Will update after the CAT..

Till then, Study hard and play less!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Whenever things acquire robust and in addition you would like else money, some type of construct loan would be the foremost effective quite loan for you head to head. You receive the amount of money cash advance
    you may need; you keep your automotive and in addition we have a tendency to tend to easily support the title to the vehicle before the financial product area unit planning to be paid out totally, where occasion this title area unit planning to be came back for you free of charge and in addition apparent. It's that straightforward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. civil engineering statement of purpose must convince an admissions committee of their commitment to completing the program and that they have the qualities and characteristics it takes to do so.

    ReplyDelete