A Journal of my GMAT Preparation and Business School Admission.
Thursday, April 22, 2010
A shout out from the East!!
Hi everybody! A year back I promised myself never to let a fortnight go by without a blog post, but my move to India came with several thousand commitments and engagements that I was simply even not in a position to turn my mac on! So i hope you guys are not too frustrated..
Anyways here is a quick recap of the past 20 days -
* Reached Chennai, India on the 10th of April, sleeping my way through the 16 hour non-stop flight - thanks to the empty Boeing 777!
* I was warmly greeted by the 110 degree excruciating summer blast which still adamantly continues.
* Paid a visit to the terrifying Passport office and spent one day standing in a que along with 2000 people in a 20 by 20 room on a peak summer noon.
* Got hooked to the IPL (Indian Premier League) and ended up going to see the most boring match of the tournament - praise my luck!
* Cheered for my team Barca FC all along only to see them loose notoriously to Inter. (But hope is not lost and I'll continue to cheer)
* Got a new phone number and a phone. So if anybody wants to give me a shout out please email me for my number. (On another note, I'm simply blown away by the number of new local cell phone manufacturing companies which have sprouted across the country!)